Every
Thoughts
Count
tag please or die
FD says hi

Team members :
Celena Liau
Faridah
Evelyn Wong
Tay Hui Min
MinJeong


affiliates

blogger Blogskins Link Link Link
15 November 2010 @ 8:07 PM
Mistakes made @Thomson Medical Centre

After reading through the in-vitro fertilization (IVF) incident I was shocked. It pained me to see innocent couple being forced into this situation and an innocent life is born.

I believe many of us have the impression that Singapore provides excellent health care services, and is recognized worldwide for its medical standards. Singapore is committed to strengthen her position as a medical hub in the region with the setting up of "Singapore Medicine" , a multi-agency government-industry partnership to promote advanced patient care. Singapore is ranked as the 6th position worldwide for health care. Therefore, it’s unexpected to most Singaporeans that Singapore would have made such a huge mistake.

I feel that the Ministry of Health (MOH) had made the right decision of suspending all new assisted reproduction (AR) activities at the Thomson Fertility Centre until further investigations is out. This ensures that no other mistake will occur in the period of investigation.

I would suggest that the hospital be more cautious at every step of the procedure; they should either check the procedure thoroughly or increase the number of staff to assist in the whole IVF process. I would suggest the hospital give the couple a sum of money or reimburse the medical and hospitalization fees as a form of compensation.

Since the incident had happened and we can’t do anything about it, I just hope that the interest of the couple and the new-born baby will be protected and hope that this incident would not happen again through implementing more stringent procedures.

Posted by Celena


Labels:

back to top?
monthly archive

11/14/10 - 11/21/10 11/21/10 - 11/28/10 11/28/10 - 12/5/10 12/5/10 - 12/12/10 12/12/10 - 12/19/10
recent entries

Thomson Fertility Centre Thomson Fertility Center
LAYOUT BANNER COLORS MINIICONS